Mutton garlic sausage pizza
Oh, mylanta, this homemade pizza, featuring our mutton garlic sausage pizza, is delish.
We recently added garlic sausage, made from our BHF mutton, to our retail offerings. And we’ve been trying it lots of different ways, because we never turn down a chance to eat more of our homegrown lamb or mutton. We wanted to try pizza. And here it is.
1 homemade pizza crust dough or pre-made (we recommend Pioneer Woman’s foolproof recipe)
1 package BHF Garlic Sausage, browned and cut into pieces.
1 1/2-2 cups fresh spinach, coarsely chopped
1/2 cup roasted bell peppers, cut into strips
1/4 cup sundried tomatoes, coarsely chopped
1/4 cup mozzarella cheese (or to taste)
1/4 cup sheep pecorino cheese
1/4 cup Swiss/gruyere cheese
1/4 cup Gouda cheese
1 teaspoon pesto basil, fresh or dried
Pinch of garlic salt
Pinch of freshly ground pepper
1 tsp oregano
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Let it preheat for about 30 minutes.
- Press dough gently onto baking sheet, oiled with olive oil. Dough will be thin.
- Spread layer of mozzarella.
- Sprinkle spinach and then sausage on top evenly. Drizzle a little olive oil.
- Add sundried tomatoes, roasted peppers, cheeses and spices and seasonings.
- Slide pizza onto middle rack of oven and cook for 12-14 minutes, until edges are golden brown and cheese is bubbling.
- Remove pizza from the oven and allow it to sit a few minutes before slicing.
- Enjoy! (This is the BHF version. Feel free to have fun with ingredients to complement the sausage!)